Sunday, March 17, 2013

Festiva 2013!

Sorry for not typing up a blog last Wednesday, everyone!  I am typing up this blog for a class that I am currently taking at my college, and we had Spring Break and it slipped my mine that I would have to do a blog last week.  I hope that everyone will forgive me.  But as I promised, this is the best outing that I have ever had and YES it was while I was on Spring Break!

About two weeks ago, James and I, and his family, went on a week long trip to Banner Elk, North Carolina.  Now, for the people who doesn't know where that is, it is roughly about 15 to 20 minutes from Boone, North Carolina.  Now, if you don't know anything about Boone, I am sure that you have heard about the famous college that they have up there...Appalachian State University.

Now, that most of you know something about the area that I am talking about, I am going to continue with this special blog.  Now, the fun part about this blog is that it isn't an outing that lasted one day, it lasted the whole week.  Your probably wondering, "What type of outing lasts for a whole week?"  Well, for the ones who are anxiously sitting on the edge of their seats, today I'm talking about the place (timeshare) that we stayed at.

The place that we stayed at was a timeshare place called Festiva.  This place was so cool.  I don't know if it was because I had never been to a timeshare, but I had a great time.

The timeshare that we had was a king bed (master bedroom), two twins in a room (other bedroom), a full kitchen, two bathrooms, a dining room, and lastly a living room.  The master bedroom was upstairs with a walkway and a bathroom.  This is where I thought was the coolest.  I always found myself looking over so I could talk to the people downstairs.

This place is definitely catered to children too!  They had a lake that you could fish in, paddle boat in, or if you didn't want to go into the water, they had a nice picnic area that you could sit at, as well as a place where you can sit and watch the lake.  There is a lot of grills around the place and a very nice built fire pit that you can build a fire in.  There was also a putt-putt course.  In the main lobby, they had a swimming pool that went to 6 feet deep.  There was a hot tube and a sauna.  These were great! I loved these!

A great thing about the mountains in snow!  We were up there from Saturday to Saturday, and Tuesday and Wednesday we didn't go out because there was so much snow.  I love the snow up there.  It's nothing like what I thought it would be.  I thought that all snow was like the snow that we get in Salisbury.  Snow and Ice mixed together.  But no, up there it is a soft and great for clumping together to make a nice snow ball with.

Well, this is just a little bit of the fun stuff that we had around us, on one of the best weeks I've had in a long long time.  I would highly recommend for someone (anyone of my readers) to go there.  I loved it and I hope that you would too. 

This is all for this post.  Until next time, as always, have fun and safe travels!

-Bekah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment