Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fun in the Snow!!! (Hawksnest 2013)

www.merchantcircle.com

This past Friday, I went with my boyfriend's church to Hawksnest!  For the ones that are not from North Carolina or ones that don't go towards Boone, NC; Hawksnest is a snow tubing, skiing, and zip-lining resort that has different experiences that I experienced like never before.

Last Friday, I went snow-tubing only.  I had the most fun that I have ever had.  This was the first time that I had ever went snow-tubing.

It started snowing on our way up the mountain, then it would stop and start again.  Because the snow was fresh snow, when we got there, the lady that was in charge told us that we needed to go down one by one.  When we actually got outside, the man told us that because the snow was so fresh, that if we wanted to go down as a train, we could.

www.hcpress.com

With this being my first experience, I had no clue as to what a "train" meant.  I asked my boyfriend what a train was.  For the people who don't know what a "train" is, it's where a group of people go down the hill together.  It's an easier way for people to pack the fresh snow down for an easier sliding.

For an hour and a half, we got to slide a lot.

When you get to the bottom of the hill, make sure that you put your feet in the snow in order for you to stop. Next, you take your tube around the bottom of the hill and then you get on the snow belt and it took you back up to the top of the hill.

If you are looking for a new, fun, exciting experience, try Hawksnest!!! The people are friendly, they show you what to do, and most of all, want you to experience the fun and joy that they get to have everyday!

Go out and explore the fun! See you next time!

- Bekah Grace

1 comment:

  1. Hawksnest sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't been tubing since middle school. This weekend was a great time to go, since there was real snow (:

    ReplyDelete