Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Great Deals At the Biltmore House!

This past Sunday, my boyfriend's parents and him, and my mother, sister, and I all went to the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC.  For the people reading my blogs that don't truly know who I am, I have a passion for history.

The Biltmore House has just that!  There are different interesting history facts that you can find out.  My boyfriend surprised me this past November, he upgraded our tickets for $30 each and now we get to go to the Biltmore House for free!  

Not only that, we get a certian percentage off at all of the shops, including the winery!  This including 10% off the stable cafe, and other restaurants at the Biltmore!

There is a place where you can stay, called the Biltmore Inn.  Now, these rooms are not too expensive because you get to sleep on the Biltmore land that George Vanderbilts family gets to see and wake up to  the exciting views that he and his family and friends got to wake up to everyday!!

In my eyes, the Biltmore House shows you how the elite of the early 1900's lived.  There was so many things that George Vanderbilt (the man behind the Biltmore House, he built it), wouldn't do for both that house, his wife (Edith), and his daughter (Cornelia).

There are 43 bathrooms in that house, including an indoor heated pool, workout gym, bowling alley, a lot of bedrooms.  A fun fact that the bus driver told me and everyone I went with on our way back, to look behind the house, the tallest mountain was Mount Pisgah.  "Every inch of land from there to the Biltmore House, George Vanderbuilt owned in the early 1900's." That's a lot of land.

Over the next couple of blogs that I do, I will tell you the interesting things that I have either discovered or that I find new every time that I go to Biltmore.  The next three or four blogs I'm going to be posting pictures and sharing my fun experiences.

From now til then, have fun and safe travels!

- Bekah Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment