Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Something Sweet on that Hot Day!

Hey Everybody!


I hope that you all have had a wonderful Easter Break from not only work, school, or whatever you truly needed a break from.




Since it's April 3rd, and here in North Carolina the weather is getting warmer, I thought about doing a cooler treat for you all!

Today, the weather was roughly 70 degrees, and me and James (my boyfriend), decided to treat ourselves to the best dessert that you could treat yourselves to this time of year.  Can you guess what it is we treat ourselves to?  If you guessed ICE CREAM, you were right!!!



We went to Coldstone.  Have you ever been there?

My favorite ice cream from Coldstone is "Apple Pie A La Coldstone" inside of a waffle bowl.  This is just what you think that it is.  Vanilla Ice Cream, Graham Cracker crumbs, Caramel syrup, actual Apple pieces.  What they do is so cool!



They get the ice cream from the freezer that is in front of you and puts it on their "cold stone" that is in front of you.  Then the one that I go to, puts the caramel syrup on top of the ice cream in a figure 8 symbol.  Next, they take a scoop of Graham Cracker crumbs and a scoop of the apples.  Then, they take two of the ice cream scoops and chop up all of the ingredients inside of the ice cream.  Finally, before handing it to me, they get a waffle bowl out of the warmer, and puts the mixed ice cream in the warm bowl.

This is so good!  Imagine a warm apple pie just baked from the oven, covered in homemade vanilla ice cream, like it was made in the good 'ol days.





I think that you should really try this place!  It's a fun experience and if you would like to try something before you buy it, they will let you taste test it before you choose what you want.

They also have what they call ICE CREAM CAKES! It is exactly what it sounds like,  cake and ice cream in a cake form! 

Until next time travelers, have fun and stay safe!

- Bekah Grace

2 comments:

  1. I have never been there but after reading your post I am definitely going to go try it out, thanks for posting this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm!!

    I LOVE Cold Stone but I haven't been there since I moved 2 years ago. Have you ever tried their birthday cakes? To. Die. For.

    Thanks for the post! Brought back some good memories :)

    ReplyDelete